- Poorly inflated tyres – There is only one place to begin, and this is with poorly inflated tyres. This is an error a lot of beginners make because they are simply not used to adding air to their tyres, and so they forget about it. Plus, a lot of people don’t realise how often you need to do this.
- Using poor quality parts or parts that are not compatible – This is a mistake that a lot of people make, especially those with second-hand motorcycles. At Clean Harleys, you can see our preowned motorcycles, and it is always recommended that you replace any parts with a like-for-like piece. If you cannot find the exact part you need, consult with professionals, rather than engaging in a bit of guesswork. If you fit something that is not right for your motorcycle, you can end up causing more harm than good, which could mean that you have a very expensive repair bill on your hands.
- Over tightening bolts – Any decent mechanic will tell you that this is one of the most common errors they see. Stripped threads often occur when too much force has been applied when tightening the bolts on a motorcycle. This can also lead to broken sump plugs and damaged bolt heads.
- You don’t get your motorbike checked enough – You are probably well aware of the fact that cars need to have an MOT every year. They also need to be checked on a regular basis to ensure that everything is in good working order and there are no issues. The same applies for motorcycles, yet for some reason a lot of people don’t tend to take maintenance as seriously. An issue with a motorbike can be just as damaging and expensive as one with a car, if not more so. So, make sure you do regular checks and if you notice a problem, take it to a mechanic as soon as possible rather than letting it get worse.
- Incorrect chain tension – Last but not least, we have incorrect chain tension, which is a major problem. If your chain tension is not correct, you can knacker your bike’s sprockets, which will result in the gearbox bearings being worn out prematurely. Moreover, the incorrect chain tension will also stop the rear suspension from working correctly.
Check out the Best Backpacking Sleeping Bags from www.Gearweare.com
Written by: Manding Bautista- 0977 401 5591
The Philippine Collegiate Cycling Association (PCCI) will soon launch an organizational meeting with the objective of selecting the best university athletes and ORGANIZING , rebuilding the National Track Cycling Competition ( KEIRIN ) to represent the in international competitions such as the Olympic, Asian Games, SEAGAmes or Summer Universiade, World University Championship and Asian University Championship.
The Integrated Cycling Federation of the Philippines ( ICFP ) and FESSAP, the sole national university sports association recognized by the Philippine Olympic Committee ( POC ) and International University Sports Federation (FISU), is calling the various university leagues affiliated with POC and the FESSAP such as the State Colleges Universities Athletic Association (SCUAA), Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc (CESAFI) and NCRAA and schools like Letran, Philippine Christian University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines and Technological University of the Philippines, University of the East, Far Eastern University and Roosevelt College and others colleges from Bicol and Baguio to taken part in the nationwide search.
Interested parties may contact the PCCI secretariat in Roxas District Quezon City, Manila and look for Mike Tampengco president, or e-mail their registration forms through Armando Bautista at email@example.com.
The proposed cycling competition includes veledrome, National Student Criterium and Major Tour during summer.
The PCCI has been accredited association as POC and FESSAP for cycling since 2012
For general information about the Alaska IronKids please visit www.ironkidsphil.com; Alaska Milk Corporation visit www.alaskamilk.com; and for live Twitter updates follow @ALASKAsportshub & #AlaskaIronkids.
|MIKE TAMPENGCO – PADYAK PARA SA KALIKASAN|
1st: Nicanor Ramos 1: 15:00: 00
2nd: Edgardo Ramos 1: 19: 59:00
3rd: Edel Viola 1: 20: 48: 00
1st: Mario Ramirez 1: 10 :00 :01
2nd: Jayson Gregorio 1: 11: 34 :00
3rd: Nilo Valdez 1: 12 : 30 :00
PCCI:( National student event )
1st: Mark Joseph Viola (Average of
37.5km/ph in 75km distance)
2nd: Jazztine Calanoc
3rd: Rogelio Visconde
MTB results; not included, also the women’s event
Curated City Heritage tour for weekend warriors and inspired by Adventure. Join us for a Bike and Walk tours to 20+ Landmarks at Intramuros, Escolta & Malate.
✅ Visit Ruins around Intramuros’ walled city on a Bamboo Bike
✅ See Escolta’s Vintage Architecture and go inside Heritage buildings
✅ Try Erra’s Ramen at Malate (or new places at Binondo) for lunch
✅ Explore 20+ more heritage landmarks in one day.
✅ End the tour with Manila’s 360 sunset view and new found friends.
PHP 900.00 Registration Fee includes 2 hours Bambike Rental, Bottled water, Jeepney transfer, Token to volunteers and proceeds to biker projects that we feature and support.
EP. 06 FEATURED STORY:
Faustine Luell Tupas Angeles Jr., Founder of Pedal for HIV, will also join us this Saturday to share how they spread HIV/AIDS awareness in the Philippines through cycling.
Proceeds from the registration fee will support “HIV Positive Poster Tour de Pilipinas” project where they’ll be visiting different key areas in the country to provide lectures about HIV, work with local groups in their campaigns to prevent HIV transmission and to end stigma & discrimination.
ALL SET FOR MIKE TAMPENGCO’s – PADYAK PARA SA KALIKASAN
Preparation for Mike Tampengco’s “Padyak para sa Kalikasan” on February 7, has been set according to the technical committee headed by Ka Noel Vicencio of the organizing Philippine Collegiate Cycling.
“We are glad to meet and welcome all the participants in this year’s edition of my event here at Gapan Nueva Ecija,” Mike Tampengco said.
The preparations include the road rehabilitation to ensure the safety of all participants aside from the foods, added Tampengco.
Governor Resty Umali and 2 LGU’s was invited to grace the occasion that will start 6:00 am, that is participated in by various bikers nationwide aiming to dramatize the effect of climate change and the growing concern of the importance of using the bicycles as an alternative mode of transportation aside from physical fitness.
More than 150 medals 100 big trophies especial designed by the organizer is at stake aside from the cash prize in the 8 categories prepared in the 20 kms circuits roads in the middle of the rice farming place and scenic view in the area, experience the cool climate , and the smile of morning sun in the middle of the two mountain, and there will be a tent for guest and enjoy the hospitality food while watching the race.
1. Open Elite
6. National Student,
7. MTB Trail,
8. and FUN BIKE
All interested cycling enthusiast individual, group or clubs, and Teams are welcome enjoy the different varieties of foods prepared starting at 6:00 am on February 7. Sunday.
The event is being supported by Mike Tampenco, Pow Salud’s Powcast Sports, Bose sound System, Excellent Noodles, Savory, JAC motors, All Bike stores, the municipality of Gapan, PNP, Red Cross, Tampengco construction and Supplies, and volunteers from Gapan.
PADYAK- PARA SA KALIKASAN ( ” CLIMATE CHANGE”)
FUN BIKE EVENT -FOR A CAUSE PROJECT
For the use of the participating Individual, cycling enthussiast, cycling clubs.
It’s ..MORE FUN IN THE PHILS
EVENT : PADYAK-PARA SA KALIKASAN ( CLIMATE CHANGE ADVOCACY )
ORGANIZER : PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CYCLING.
VENUE: SAN ISIDRO , GAPAN NUEVA ECIJA
START/FINISH – . SAN ISIDRO, GAPAN NUEVA ECIJA
Assembly time : 5:00 to 6:00 AM
Take part and be the solution to the problem!
“MIKE TAMPENCO” power to the Bikers- Bike for a cause – Fight against CLIMATE CHANGE” is 20 kilometers fun/advocy ride ( controlled pacing with an average speed of 20 to 25 kms /hour ), It is a positive awareness and consciousness symbolically using bike to promote; individual and collective action towards the campaign for the national solutions to “CLIMATE CHANGE”.
Lakbay- Sikad for bright minds in the future !
Aside from having fun the 1st Mike Tampengco’s Power to the Bikers – Climate Change ” is a benefit ride will correspond to a P 400.00 ( four hundred Pesos ) registration fee and the sponsors to fund the Community outreach projects , promote wellness and protection of environment in local communities and in local schools.
1, Open- Team competition
2. Executive competition
3. Master Competition
4. Amateur Competition
5. MTB Trail Race
6. Phil Collegiate Cycling Competition
7. Women Competition
8. Fun Bike – Bike for all
1. No safety helmet, No Ride, present your helmet during registration and wear it throughout the ride.
2. Registrations, will be determine by the organizer and will announce later the officials venue routes for the category competition.
3. Fill out the Registration Form, this will be your stubs for breakfast, giveaways, and raffle number.
4. The category race or the competitions, will be release by the chief commissaire according to the program set by the organizer . Do not overtake the marshalls.
5. Always wear your helmet!
6. Follow the chief Commissaire ‘ instructions, There are marshals, they are properly identified by their jerseys and /or flags.
7. Other Policy:
a. Medical Reasons- Notify Marshals or Ambulance. The rider will attended by
medical personnel. They will determine if rider can move on, ride the
ambulance or be rushed to the nearest hospital. The bicycle will be placed on
the SAG WAGON ( Support & Gear ) truck – a claim number will be given to
b. Mechanical Reasons- Notify a Marshall. The Marshall will decide if it is a
minor adjustment than can be done by the road side, other wise, the rider
and bicycle will be loaded on the SAG wagon which has the bike
8. WRISTBAND will be given to all participants, these will entitled the rider for claming the food, water bottled and giveaways
9. All riders will be given finishers certificate.
10. Happy Biking.!!!
ALL interested participating bikers.
Check of ID & Distribution of race numbers:
On Line- place of registration, a week after the deadline Participating biker/s ,Group or Team’s delegation should bring official’s ID and their registration copy.
RACE OFFICIALS –
Mike Tampengcos’s residence. Nueva Ecija
PARTICIPANTS – At the venue, the day before the start
Participating BIKERS have to line up according to the categories signed up, the categories are color coded, for easier identification , 30 mins before mastering.
Only athletes who had registered according to the event categories, who had comply of the Rules and Regulation of the organizer are entitled to take part in the Mike Tampengco Padyak para sa Kalikasan -Fun Bike event and competition.
The organizer accept no responsibility or liability for bodily or personal injury or property loss or damage that nay be incurred by the riders or officials. Please make sure that your self covered by insurance before joining the event.
The officials and or Marshall on the road, shall determine if the bikers had to be carried or rush to the nearest hospitals, or carry to the SAG WAGON, as to do not delays the smooth flow of the event, so that transportation arrangement can be made both to and from the organizer.
All participants of the event shall arrange and report to the organizer. .
We met with the man behind Rafthon and we absouletly think that this event will be big. We will be coming out with a series of press releases for the events. For now, we would like to show you the trailer from last years event. For more questions and sponsorship inquiry please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hear ye! Hear ye! Hear ye!
Let’s spread some multisport love on Valentines day Duathletes. Invite your friends and family to take the first step to multisport experience. Join the newbie-friendly first leg of the Pilipinas Duathlon Series 2016 on Feb. 14 in Nuvali, Sta. Rosa.
Please read through race information below:
Venue: Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
Date: February 14, 2016
Race Distances: 4km Run-25km Bike-4 km Run
Day and Time: Sunday, 6am
Elite (Male & Female)
– Male: 15~19 yrs, 20~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40~44, 45~49, 50-54,55-59,60 and above
– Female: 15~19 yrs, 20~29, 30~39, 40 & above
Relay (2 to 3 Members)
Pilipinas Duathlon Series Championship:
To add a little more fun and excitement into this friendly competition, elite and age-group winners will be awarded points according to his or her finish position in each race. Current and former Triathlon and Duathlon National team members who are still actively racing are categorized as elite racers. Racers with the most points in their respective categories at the end of the series will be declared series champions! If two top racers finish on level points, the one with more victories wins. Series champions will receive trophies, special prizes and bragging rights! Racers are required to join a minimum of three legs including the final leg to qualify for the series championship.
Registration: Submit filled-up entry form with your fee at Registration Center mentioned below.
Participants may also pay through:
– BPI (Anna Marissa Remigio, S/A No. 0429-3165-61), or
– PNB (Anna Marissa Nagtalon, S/A No. 1002-8030-0012)
Email at email@example.com or Fax entry form and deposit slip (clear &/or enlarged copy) with name to Fax #: 932-9071
Keep receipt/bank deposit s& submit during registration.
Or Register at the following Registration Centers:
Life Cycle Bicycle Shop (Greenhills)
Unit GS-101. Ortigas Ave. Greenhills, San Juan City
Tel: 02-5842862/ 02-5842442
Velocipede Bike Shop: Unit B, Royale Place Arcade (Beside Ever Gotesco Commonwealth, Quezon city),Tel: 02-3518488
Cycling Zone: Shell Pacific Gas Station, Alabang-Zapote Road, Muntinlupa,Tel.: 02-809-6736
Paulina’s Cycle Center: Cluster B, Blue Bay Walk, Metropolitan Macapagal, Pasay City,Tel: 02-869-0823
Unison Bikes: 172 D. Tuazon St. cor. NS Amoranto St., QC
Trek Bicycle Store: 3Oth Ave., Two Parkade, Bonifacio High Street, Makati City,Tel: 02-553-2445/0906-2263266
Unison Bikes: 581 Quintin Paredes St., Binondo, Manila
Registration Fees/Schedule: (Inclusive of race pack, race shirt, finisher’s medal, Breakfast, Timing Chip)
LEG 1 REGISTRATION PERIOD: January 12-Feb 5
DU IT ALL PACKAGE (4 legs)
DEADLINE OF REGISTRATION WILL BE ON FEBRUARY 5
RACE PACKET DELIVERY (Optional for registration thru email)
+ P150 (Within Metro manila)
+ P250 (Outside Metro manila)
DISTRIBUTION/CLAIMING OF RACE PACKETS WILL START ON FEBRUARY 6-12 AT THE STORE WHERE YOU REGISTERED.THOSE WHO REGISTERED THROUGH EMAIL AND BANK DEPOSIT MUST COORDINATE AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH US AS TO HOW OR WHERE THEY WANT TO PICK UP THEIR RACE PACKETS.
SHIRTS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON RACE DAY.
For Inquiries please contact:
Mobile phone: +632-917-8486243
Popo Nagtalon Remigio
Mobile phone: +632-908-9086621