- WHAT: Trikini
- WHY: To enjoy the fun of the outdoors right in the heart of the city.
- WHEN: August 19th – 20th 2017
- WHERE: McKinley West Park
- TICKET PRICE: PHP 5,000.00. Can be purchased online at trikini.pouchnation.com, bank deposit and credit card payments accepted. Promo codes are available through MegaWorld Lifestyle Malls (Eastwood, Uptown, Bonifacio, and Venice Grand Canal), Colnago Manila, Secondwind, and Atheleema Makati.
- PARTNERS’ TREAT: Follow @geoeventsasia in Facebook and Instagram for announcements on discounted ticket deals!
Trikini at Mckinley West, Taguig
Moved to August 19
Trikini is an urban fitness party that will feature three basic elements- run, bike, and party- in a safe and exclusive venue where attendees can enjoy the outdoors right in the heart of the city. With a dress code of sports, active or beach wear, guests can participate in their activities of choice quite comfortably.
For fifty years, the organization has provided healthcare, housing, and education to underprivileged children and families in the Philippines. Attendees may learn more about SOS and how they may contribute to its initiatives during the event.
Don’t let the rainy season stop you from being active and enjoying the outdoors! Ticket prices are PHP 5,000.00 and can be purchased online at trikini.pouchnation.com, bank deposit and credit card payments accepted. Promo codes are available through Megaworld Lifestyle Malls (Eastwood, Uptown Bonifacio, and Venice Grand Canal), Colnago Manila, Secondwind, and Athleema Makati.
GEO Events Management creates conceptual events and strategic initiatives focused on active lifestyle, arts, and culture. With local and international credentials, the GEO Events Team has a proven track record in generating memorable attendee experiences and creating progressive impacts on partner objectives.
Find them on Facebook and Instagram @geoeventsasia
34th Street corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City
5K | 10K | 21K
Official Singlet, Race Bib, D-tag, Raffle Stub and Race Map
– 10K and 21K gets Finisher’s Shirt + Certificate
– 21K gets Finisher’s Medal
– PSE Ortigas
– RUNNR Store BGC
– RUNNR Store Trinoma
– Toby’s Sport Glorietta 2
– Toby’s Sport MOA
Guerilla Race together with the Philippine Egg Board Association and The Good Egg Advocacy of Sarimanok, bring you the first ever Eggciting Adventure Family Fun Run to celebrate this event on November 6 at the SM By The Bay, MOA. It was initially scheduled last Oct. 16 but was unfortunately cancelled due to Typhoon Karen’s surge.
This is a charity run for the fight against Stunting and malnutrition plus a unique opportunity to help awareness of the benefits of egg! This event also aims to promote One Egg A Day Awareness most especially to families. The main beneficiary is the AFP Educational Benefit Systems Office which helps the soldier’s orphans to continue their education.
Other activities will include Eggciting mini egg hunt on 500-meter dash for kiddos 3-7 yrs old, Eggciting Dance fitness, Eggciting Health Consultation, and many more!
The “Manila Great Run: Duo Road Race Challenge” was held on June 12, 2016 at Filinvest City, Alabang. Race categories includes individual 3k & 5k and the highlight categories which are the challenging twist of 10+5k Individual and the 10+5k team competition.
The Manila Great Run, like what they say, probably is the first one where you can run two sets of races with a recovery period in between. I was really planning on running the Duo Road Race Challenge Individual category 10k + 5k run but due to time and financial constraints, I decided to just skip it and look forward to the next run in my calendar.
This is an unexpected run for me because AJ Seradoy, who happens to write for Powcast, came down with flu on race day itself. I was just informed a night prior to the event that she may not make it but will still try.
Then at around 2am, she called me that I really had to run in her stead because there was a 5k race kit waiting for her in the Powcast tent. So to make it short I was the one who ran for her. Eventhough I was not able to run the 10k + 5k (as what I previously planned ), I’m still glad that I was able to run the 5k category.
In running, everything has to be in sync. Body and mind has to be as one because running one without the other is like running on just one foot. Even though I can run anytime on a short notice, but since my mind was not really set on running today, I had some challenges. Still, nothing that I
can’t handle. “A bad run is better than no run at all.” 🙂
The event was pretty much well organized, on the average to say the least. They could have done a much better job on the distribution of the finisher shirts, medals and lootbags because there’s no line in claiming. The security was great and the roads were very well marked. You wouldn’t get lost, with all the turns that the course had. Overall, minus my running buddy, the event was still great!
A big shoutout to Sir Pow and the rest of the Powcast peeps. Thank you for the run!
Here are few other pictures that I took at the event:
Disclaimer: This feedback was prepared or accomplished by Ricky Cachero in his personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the Powcast community. 🙂
To top it up, Andok’s gave away Dri-fit finisher shirt to the first 100 finishers of featured 4 race categories: 3K, 5K, 10K, and to all finishers of 16K.
Here’s a sample 5k finisher shirt:
- There’s no assurance that all first 100 finishers of 3k, 5k & 10k deserve to have the finisher shirts. (Some runners even started on the first gap and did not finish the first U-turn slot- there were no markers yet on that route)
- There were gaps on the median strips wherein no marshals were stationed. (So there’s a lot of undisciplined runners doing shortcuts- well, they’re just cheating themselves anyway 😉 )
- Others claimed that they saw some runners running ahead of their gun start time. 3k division running at 5k gun start. (Oh c’mon guys, really?!)
- Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! Very affordable compared to other fun runs held on the same day. Andok (Lots of freebies too!)
- All for FUN! Non-competitive event!
- Entertaining performances after the run. (esp. the Zumba Fiesta show! *wink* )
- Easy to register! (RUNNR Trinoma & ATC, Move Store in Megamall + TOBY’S Glorietta & SM MOA)