The Blazers reserves edged the Lakers 109-106 in overtime Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Russell and his fellow guards had no luck containing Damian Lillard. The 2012-13 Rookie of the Year put on a preseason version of his typical excellence against the Lakers, scoring 30 points in 27 minutes by shooting 10-of-17 from the field and 6-of-9 on triples. Jordan Clarkson led the Lakers with 15 points and Nick Young added 14 points off the bench.
Despite sitting out the fourth quarter and overtime, Lillard showed all he needed to, torching Los Angeles for 13 points in the first quarter and 15 straight for the Blazers in the third.
Let’s predict the future of NBA again. This time it will be the winner of Kia MVP Award.
Here are the top candidates and their projected stats for the upcoming season.
1. Stephen Curry (GSW): The reigning back-to-back MVP. He had a spectacular season last time but just came short for the title. This time he will play with a former MVP named Kevin Durant. Maybe his scoring will get down a little bit but I think his passing ability will show this upcoming season.
Projected Stats: 24 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists and 2.5 steals per game.
2. LeBron James (CLE): 4 time MVP, 3 time Champion and one of the greatest player ever to play the sport. He will be gunning for another back-to-back championship and he will be anchoring the surge togethrr with Irving and Love.
Projected Stats: 25 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 1 steals per game.
3. Kawhi Leonard (SA): One of the best defender in the league and arguably the new face of San Antonio Spurs. This kid just had a breakout season last time and the Spurs needs another outstanding season again from him due to the departure of Tim Duncan who finally decided to retire.
Projected Stats: 22 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 3 assists per game.
4. Kevin Durant (GSW): Former MVP of the league and a former scoring champion. His skills will now br seen in the Bay Area together with Curry, Thompson and Green. He faced a lot of adversity with his decision to sign with thr Warriors but I think it will be his motivation this upcoming season.
Projected Stats: 25 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 1 blocks per game.
5. Damian Lillard (POR): The unsung superstar and the former ROY awardee. Dame made a hugh noise last season by leading the Portland to the Playoffs even after the departure of LaMarcus Aldridge. I’m seeing that he will have another outstanding season together with his backcourt partner, CJ McCollum.
Projected Stats: 25 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals per game.
It was very hard to predict this but it will be either Curry, James and Durant.
Wild Cards: Russel Westbrook, Al Horford, Jimmy Butler, LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Paul and Paul George.
NBA superstar Damian Lillard of the PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS ended his Take on Summer tour in Manila. The Damian Lillard Take on Summer tour tipped-off in Beijing which continued through June 14 with multiple stops in China and visited Taipei and Manila.
In a press-con at Kerry sports at Shangrila at The Fort, Manila, Damian Lillard discussed about how the NBA now has evolved to a league dominated by point guards. He also told the press about who is on top of his wish list during this years free agency and he mentioned none other than the considered top free agent this free agency, Kevin Durant. Damian Lillard and Adidas also unveiled the new Lillard 2 PDX colorway which has an icy outsoles inspired by the Portland International Airport’s famous carpet print.
Lucky fans who won meet and greet passes from different competitions online where also able to interact with Damian Lillard himself after the presscon. Few counted lucky fans were able to get his precious autograph but most of them had there selfie faces ready before meeting Damian.
|Getting Damian Lillards autograph|
|Damian Lillard poses with a fan|
|Damian Lillard’s autograph on a 8×10|
|Damian Lillard (Left) and DJ Tony toni (Right)|
Manila, Philippines – Portland Trail Blazers NBA All-Star Point Guard Damian Lillard arrived tuesday morning in Manila. He spent time first at Kerry Sports Shangri-La Hotel, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig to have a press conference and met some of his lucky fans, then he also visited the iconic EDSA Shrine before moving in Araneta Coliseum for his tour.
Lets take a look on some scenes from Dame Time Manila:
Damian Lillard gave a masterful performance against Curry and the warriors, early it was a shootout between the 2 great PG (Curry and Lillard) at half time it was 68 -62. Lillard wasnt an alll star this year because all three from Golden state got the nod over him and of course Russell Westbrook plus Kobe.
Did Lillard feel bad? I don’t think so this game is more of an invite for the free agents out there to see how good this team can be. Lillard is just 25 years old and certainly one of the best PG’s out there. I would even go out on a limb to pick him over Irving, because Lillard has played full seasons already while Irving that is another story.
This is one of the best statement game, I’ve seen this season and this would really help the franchise.
Highlights courtesy of FreeDawkins
Foot Locker did it again, check out this funny commercial featuring rookie of the year, Damian Lillard and Andrew Wiggins.
Having been Rookie of the Year himself, Damian Lillard gives Andrew Wiggins a little advice on the importance of constantly evolving. Dame doesn’t want Andrew to turn out like Bobby Butter (Jimmy Kimmel), a streetball legend whose own failure to evolve kept him from ever getting to the next level.