Duno took a break from his training to watch the exciting fights in the birthday boxing presentation of Sen. Manny Pacquiao last Dec. 17 at the Robinson’s Place in Gensan together with Tan, Manangquil and stablemate Reymart “Gensan Assassin” Gaballo.
The up and coming fighters of Sanman Promotions will be featured in the next Brawl at the Mall: “Young Gunz” on November 5 at the Robinson’s Place in General Santos City.
The undefeated Jayson Mama (7W-0L, 3 KOs) of Sanman is pitted against veteran Rodel Tejares of Bukidon for 10 rounds.
Mama, who only turned pro last year, will be making his first 10 round fight.
“I think Jason Mama will be a big deal in the flyweight division in the future,” said Sanman Promotions CEO Jim Claude Manangquil.
In his last fight, the 20-year old Mama stopped Bimbo Nacionales by a second round technical knockout last September 9 at the Polomolok Gym in Polomolok. He knocked down three time Nacionales in Round 2 to remain unbeaten.
Tejares, on the other hand, previously won by retiring Ian Ligutan in the 3rd round in Wao last February 19. Tejares, however, dropped his last three fights.
Mama’s twin brother Jerven (2W-0L, 2 KOs) is also seeing action against flyweight Joey Antonio (3W-5L-3D) of Davao City for 6 rounds in the undercard.
Reigning IBF Youth super flyweight champion Jade Bornea (9W-0L, 6 KOs) will fight John Rey Lauza (13W-15L-4D, 6 KOs) in an 8-rounder non-title fight for the main supporting bout.
The other Sanman boxers seeing action in the undercard are talented light flyweight Dave Apolinario (3W-0L, 2 KOs), super flyweight Mark Antonio (3W-0L, 3 KOs), minimumweight Jayson Francisco (3W-0L), lightweight Rimar Metuda (11W-3L-0D, 6 KOs), flyweight Edemrel Dawa and flyweight Judy Flores.
Apolinario collides with Rez Padroganie (2W-12L-0D, 1KOs). Antonio takes on Rocky Sardido (8W-19L-4D, 3KOs). Metuda fights Richard Betos (20W-18L-2D, 7 KOs).
Francisco will trade punches with Renante Suacasa (7W-19L-0D, 1 KO). Dawa and Flores will both make their debuts with Jerry Tabago and James Aquino.
Photo: Jayson Mama(L) and Jade Bornea(R)
UNDEFEATED REYMART GABALLO MAKES US DEBUT ON NOV. 15
UNDEFEATED Reymart “Assassin” Gaballo from General Santos City but now based in Miami, Florida, will finally make his debut in the US on November 15.
This was announced by Gaballo’s manager John Ray Manangquil though his brother Jim Claude Manangquil, CEO of Sanman Promotions.
Gaballo is facing Mexican Ernesto “Monito” Guerrero (27W-21L-0D, 19 KOs) on Nov. 15 at the Hawaii Events Center in Honolulu, Hawaii in the main event of the “Island Fight Fest” card of Filipino international boxing promoter Gabriel “Bebot” Elorde Jr.
“This is a great opportunity for Gaballo to look good in his US debut,” said Mananquil.
The 21-year old Gaballo has an unblemished record of 16 straight wins with 14 knockouts.
Gaballo thanked Sanman Promotions and Bebot Elorde for giving him a chance to be showing his talent infront of the boxing fans including the thousands of Filipinos in Hawaii.
“I am very excited and I’m ready to introduce myself in the US” said Gaballo.
Gaballo has been training at the gym of Cuban Coach Moro Fernandez in Miami since June.
In his previous outing, Gaballo stopped Jerson Luzarito by a 2nd round technical knockout last Dec. 4 at the Robinson’s Mall in Gensan.
Gaballo captured the vacant WBC Asian Boxing Council super bantamweight title by stopping Manot Comput of Thailand in the first round only last Sept. 10, 2016 in Tupi, South Cotabato.
Gaballo will be the third boxer from Sanman Boxing Gym to be making his US debut.
Harmonito Dela Torre (19W-0L, 12 KOs) and Romero “Ruthless” Duno (15W-1L-0D, 13KOs) both successfully made their US debuts. And both of them have won already their two separate fights in the US.
Manangquil is confident that Gaballlo can follow the footsteps of Duno and Dela Torre.
“Gaballo is a great talent and he will be the next star from the Philippines,” said Manangquil, who visited Gaballo recently in Miami.
The Manangquil brothers will be in Hawaii to give their support to Gaballo.
Meanwhile, the 28-year old Guerrero scored five straight wins before he dropped his previous assignment by a unanimous decision to Ruben Villa last Sept. 22 at the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario.
Guerrero started his 5-0 winning streak by stopping Alfredo Montano via a 3rd round TKO last December 2016 in Cananea. He followed it up with back-to-back victories against Jesus Talla by a 1st round TKO on March 17 and then a UD on April 1.
Guerrero then knocked out Arcadio Salcido in the 1st round on May 13 in Agua Prieta. His last victory was a 3rd round TKO on Carlos Medina on May 27 in Cananea.
Ben Mananquil had been wanting to turn doubters into believers and did just that Saturday night when he gutted out a majority decision win over the hard-fighting Jess Rhey Waminal in the main event of the “Road Stardom” fight card at the overflowing Polomolok Gymnasium in Polomolok, South Cotabato.
TEN undercard fights will spice up the much-anticipated “Road to Stardom” fight card.
In a stunning development, the fight between unbeaten fighters Harmonito “Hammer” Dela Torre and Saul ‘Kid Dinamita” Rodriguez is off.